Greystone Manor TRC, a 501(c)(3) organization, has been providing quality equine-assisted activities to children and adults with special needs in Lancaster, PA, since 1981. Every year our program and number of participants grow. We started with only seven riders and now more than 50 riders participate in lessons each week.
In addition to riding lessons, we offer a monthly unmounted clinic series for individuals who want to learn more about horses from the ground level.
Our riding lessons and clinics are goal-oriented to meet the individual’s personal needs. Each participant is assessed prior to lessons and goals are developed.
Throughout the world, hundreds of thousands of individuals experience the rewarding benefits of equine-assisted activities. Cognitive, physical or emotional special needs should not limit a person from interacting with horses. Such interactions can be highly rewarding.
With volunteer help, individuals with special needs can become increasingly mobile, learn a degree of control over a responsive animal, and grow in self-esteem. They can also learn to care for the horse and create a special bond with them.
To enhance the lives of individuals with special needs through equine-assisted activities.
To grow as a diverse equine-assisted activities program of distinction that is valued in our community and beyond.
Dignity – We treat everyone at Greystone Manor TRC with the highest level of dignity and respect everyone’s contribution to the program-whether large or small.
Safety – We promise to “do no harm” either therapeutically or environmentally.
Professionalism – We utilize trained instructors and volunteers to ensure program excellence.
Community – We work with members of the community to build upon the network of opportunities available for individuals with special needs.
Transparency – We operate in an environment of trust and integrity offering full disclosure of our program.
Health and Happiness – We strive to provide a fun environment for all participants in conjunction with a focus on the health and happiness of our human and equine stakeholders.
The GMTRC Team :
- Michelle Kaster, Programs and Instruction Coordinator, Instructor PRI
- Katie Pannabecker, Programs and Instruction Support Coordinator, Instructor TRI
- Myava Thibault-Cuhel, Volunteer Coordinator
- Bobbi Schmid, Asst. Volunteer Coordinator
- Heather Mitterer, Community Outreach Coordinator
- Sandi Keim, Administrative Services/Bookkeeper
- Ellen Barnes, Instructor TRI, PQI, CR2
- Lee Ann Ressler, InstructorTRI, PQI
- Linda Leiden, Instructor TRI, ESMHL
- Patti Draude, Instructor TRI, PQI, CR1
- Deb Jeffrey, Instructor TRI
- Lisa Carvell, Barn Manager
- Alice Brubaker, Barn Assistant
- Diane Garrett, PM Barn Assistant
- Terri Kutz, Lead Weekend Barn Volunteer
- Troy Hess, Lead Facilities Volunteer
- TRI – Therapeutic Riding Instructor
- PQI – Pennsylvania Qualified Instructor through PACTH (Pennsylvania Council on Therapeutic Horsemanship)
- CR1 – Centered Riding Instructor Level 1 through Centered Riding, Inc.
- CR2 – Centered Riding Instructor Level 2 through Centered Riding, Inc.
Board of Directors
- Tom O’ Brien, President
- Elizabeth Newell, Vice President
- Drew Hostetter, Treasurer
- Mary Beth Schweigert, Secretary
Members of the Board
- Eric Robert Lukacs
- Lauren Maxwell
- Randy Metz
- Alisa Pitt
- Libby Craver, PQI